If you’re living the budgeted life and you need to infuse a little “twenty-five dollars or less” luxury, here are five tips. (more…)
Is your air-dry taking allllll day? Here are a few tips to cutting that time in half. (more…)
We’re chatting about the many ways women can support each other. Join us on Instagram (@curlBOX) and weigh in. In the meantime, here are three ways to support your local girl gang. (more…)
The spring semester of my sophomore year in college was a time of transition. After taking a semester-long leave of absence due to financial hardship, I was back on the Spelman College campus with what felt like confirmation of my undergraduate destiny. I clawed, scratched and prayed my way back into my dream school and here I was. Back at the caf’ with my old friends, back in my old classrooms, back chasing the same guy I’d left there a few months prior.
Six weeks into the semester and something isn’t right. I’m only reading half of my required readings, just making it to classes and sidling comfortably into a winter uniform of leggings, plaid and Uggs. Did I really fight so hard to get back to Spelman only to barely get by? What a waste!
I looked up at my hair, which usually is an indicator of my emotional state. Two sad, dry, unwashed, scraggly buns were perched atop my head held together by 52 bobby pins, hope and the only two hair ties I had left. (more…)
We sat down with Renee Morris, owner of the fabulous Uncle Funky’s Daughter. Check out how she revitalized the brand, along with the deets on their curlBOX Natural. Watch NOW!
All hail the curly mamas with over ten years in the game. Here are a few things we’d like you to know, youngin’. (more…)
Do you remember how to use your Lottabody Style Me Texturizing Setting Lotion?
1. REFRESHER: Your setting lotion is a fantastic refresher for finger styles and curly ‘dos. Add a bit to a spray bottle with a little distilled water and you have a refresher that helps reactivate the product already in your curls.
2. BANTU/TWISTS: Setting lotion is the original two-strand twist secret ingredient, and it still works! If you want super smooth twists and bantu knots, run a generous amount of lotion through your wet hair and twist or style in bantu knots and set under a hooded dryer.
3. STYLE PRIMER: Your setting lotion also works well as a style primer before you add a twisting cream or gel. It helps add definition.
4. EPIC ROLLER/SPIRAL SETS: Your setting lotion will help you create silky smooth roller and spiral sets. The Lottabody formula is perfect for transitioners, and it helps smooth your new growth with your straight strands.
5. BLOWOUTS: Your setting lotion will also help you achieve a silky blowout. Use directly after rinsing your conditioner.
Looking add a little color to your locs this fall? Check out @killadoesthat’s rich cinnamon hue.
She achieves her curly look with large rollers and hot water. Check her insta for style deets.
Here’s a little sideswept situation.
A top knot with tons of length.
And this cool off-the-shoulders ‘do.
Are you coloring your locs this season?
Are you working on a creative goal? Here are three tips that’ll help you complete it. (more…)