Congratulations! You’re bloated! It happens to the best of us after a lovely holiday meal, so here are five tried and tested quick cures to snatching your waist back before the new year.
HOT LEMON/ROSEMARY WATER: Drinking hot lemon water infused with rosemary will help restore your pH balance and sweep toxins from your colon. Rosemary also helps restore balance to the body and skin. Hello, somebody. We all need this. Squeeze a half of a lemon into 8 – 12 ounces and add a sprig of rosemary, and have at it. Sounds weird, but it’s actually kind of refreshing.
ACTIVATED CHARCOAL: This stuff is particularly useful for those who ingested allergens or other immune-irritating substances yesterday. No, it’s not the charcoal you used to grill your ribs, it’s a substance that binds to toxins in your body and sweeps them out in your movements. You can take this two hours after you’ve taken your medication or birth control, as it can make medication less effective if you take it at the exact same time, due to the nature of what it does.
MILK THISTLE TEA: Did you drink quite a bit yesterday? Feeling like your liver needs a little flush? Drink two cups of milk thistle tea to quickly begin to detox the sins of yesterday.
GINGER: Is your stomach upset from the day before? Add in a little fresh ginger or take papaya enzymes to restore your digestive system and calm any issues.
GOT TIME FOR A BATH? Here’s our ultimate detox bath therapy to keep you from becoming incredibly sluggish over the next few days.
– Full hot bath
– 1/2 cup of olive oil
– 1/2 cup of bentonite clay
– 2 cups of dead sea salt
– 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
– Ten drops of lavender essential oil
1. Start with a hot bath. Make sure the tub is pretty full.
2. Sit for at least 20 minutes to get the full effects.
3. This bath is intended to pull toxins from your body, so you can expect to start to feel fatigued during the process.
4. You WILL sweat profusely. Don’t be alarmed. This is supposed to happen.
5. You will feel “drunk” after your bath. You might want to plan to go to sleep immediately following your bath. Save it for a quiet evening.
6. Your skin will feel delicious. Here’s an awesome side effect of a detox bath – it helps clear up skin issues. This bath is safe for those with eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis.
7. Drink water following your bath to continue flushing your system.
8. The next morning, you’ll feel more energetic.
9. Pulling toxins though your skin also helps detox the spirit and mind.
Of course, going to the gym is a given, but you can also use these other tips to help de-bloat. Happy Holidays!
Photo credit: @plantifultaste