YES, you still have time to impact your year. Here are seven ways.
1. HAVE A GENUINELY GOOD TIME: Did you have a not-so-fantastic year? Well, don’t close it out that way. Call up some friends and plan at least ONE dinner, outing or mini-vacay (if you can afford it). You deserve to have at least one terrific memory from the year. Here’s how you can do a “day-cation.”
2. FINISH A BOOK (OR TWO): Trust, you’ll want to be able to say you read SOMETHING in 2016. So if you’ve been letting work stop you from finishing that novel you love, get on it. Here are some favorites from Myleik.
3. WORKOUT: This isn’t for you workout buffs. This is for the people who’ve decided to put off their shiny new fitness regimen until 2017. Nah. Get in at least three good workouts before the year is up. Take a yoga or cross fit class. It’ll boost your desire after you ring in the new year, and help curb some of that overeating during the Christmas break.
4. FINISH A GOAL: It can be a small one. If you struggled to finish your big 2016 goals, focus on finishing a small goal before the year is up. Need some tips? We got you.
5. PLAN YOUR NEW HAIRSTYLE: You know you want one! You’ve been eyeing a look for the last few months and now it’s time to take the leap. If you need assistance finding a new look, peruse the @curlBOX Instagram for style inspo.
6. TALK TO THE LOVED ONE YOU’VE BEEN NEGLECTING: This could also be a friend. Is there someone you haven’t had the time to chat with in a while and they’ve been on your mind? Make sure to give them a call and reconnect.
7. ENGAGE IN A SELF-CARE ACTIVITY: Close out your year by blowing off some steam at the spa. Can’t afford that? Try to find a spa with sauna and pool amenities that only change a cheap $15 – $20 fee. You can steam and soak all day.
Photo credit: @_poemoney