This week’s inspo comes courtesy of @exothermic_rose, an artsy curly girl with beautiful photo composition. Check it out. (more…)
Get leaner. Get stronger. Get healthier. Get longer hair. Sounds good? Read on. (more…)
This is our LAST curlBOX Natural. It’s a been a fantastic run with this specialty box, and we went all out with the most hydrating products we could find. Take a look at Obia Naturals!
Still in a Black Panther haze? So are we. Check out this ponytail tutorial from @kandidkinks so you can keep it regal all week long. (more…)
We’re back this week with style inspo from the gorgeous @theliberiangoddess. Take a look and see if you find some inspiration. (more…)
Here are three super easy DIY V-day gifts that friends, family and significant others will love. They’re also cost efficient. Whew. (more…)
No partner? Simply not feeling the day? Cool. We’ve compiled a few non-lame things to do (that won’t make you roll your eyes) on Valentine’s Day.
1. DON’T DO ANYTHING: If you’re single or simply away from your significant other, there’s this burdensome idea that you HAVE to celebrate Valentine’s Day in some alternative way. You don’t. Relieve yourself of the pressure of having to celebrate if it’s contrived and feels like more of a chore than something fun. It’s just a day, guys. And it’s a Wednesday. You could engage in a wonderfully-long nap.
2. INDULGE A LITTLE: There is something on your cheat list. A buttery, cheesy sandwich. A pizza from a local eatery. A dessert so rich, it makes your eyes roll back in your head. Eat it, honey. Today’s your free pass to indulge and treat yourself. We’re not advocating you eat your feelings, but it’s totally fine to consume a few extra calories sans the guilt.
3. ENGAGE IN SELF-LOVE: Seriously, a trip to the spa seems so cliche but you’ll love it. Pick a spa that offers more amenities for downtime like salt rooms, different types of saunas and reading areas. After work (or if you’re taking the day off) head over for a service and stay for a few hours to relax, relate and release.
4. TRADE IN SWEET ACTIVITIES FOR ADVENTURE: You already know most restaurants and trendy bars will be full of couples, so do something totally adventurous with a group or a friend like paint-balling, laser tag or shooting at the gun range.
5. BINGE-WATCH SOMETHING NON-LOVE RELATED: You could literally fall into the abyss of Netflix on Valentine’s day. If you’re not into anything love-related (for obvious reasons) here are our picks. “Easy” (season two) is an anthology series that actually follows different types of relationships, but it’s so honest, it’ll make you actually feel good about your independence and freedom. “High Maintenance” (HBO) is a series following a weed dealer and the eccentric clients he encounters. Season two has about four episodes to binge. If you’re really trying to go in the complete opposite direction of love, try watching horror flicks like The Ritual on Netflix.
Do you care about V-day?
Should you ever take it upon yourself to touch my hair? No. No, you should not. But we’ve done our due diligence (and research) to determine ten times when it’s more than appropriate. Let us know if you agree. (more…)